A plate carrier backpack or a MOLLE backpack is the tactical backpack with MOLLE attachments that be used to attach a lot of things and at times you can use them to carry a bullet-proof plate.
These backpack for plate carrier are highly relevant in a survival, tactical and bushcraft scenario. These are the exact type of tactical bags that you’d notice on US marines and other members of the armed/special forces.
In this blog post, you will get to read detailed reviews of best plate carrier backpacks with a lot of pouches, and for the inquisitive ones, there is a buyer’s guide as well. You can use that buyer’s guide to buy a plate carrier back from anywhere and you’d never regret your choice. You may use these Backpacks for hydration, Military, army and police.
Before I give a verdict and tell you the name of the best of these 5 top plate carrier backpacks, here is a little table to put things in perspective.
Top 5 Best Plate Carrier BackPacks List
|Seibertron Falcon Backpack for Plate carriers||900D||37 Liters|
|WolfWarriorX – Rear pack||600D||39 Liters|
|SOG Opord – Attachment Panel Back||N/A||39.1 Liters|
|SOG Ninja – Molle Bag||N/A||24.2 Liters|
|Feeke PANS – Small Backpack||600D||39 Liters|
Before I explain what to look for when buying plate carrier backpacks, let us first examine and review top 5 plate carrier backpacks that you can find on Amazon. Our reviewing criteria is 3-fold.
We have tried and tested most of these backpacks, but we didn’t stop there, we read reviews written by verified customers and conducted our research to know more and more about features, pros and cons of each of these backpacks.
Seibertron Falcon – Backpack for Plate Carrier (Editor’s Choice)
- Zipper Closure – There are backpacks that come with zipper closure and then there are those that come with roll-top closures; this is more or less a matter of personal choice because there are certain benefits of both systems.
- 900D Waterproof Fabric – The material that this backpack is made of is a 900-denier fabric. What is denier? It is the unit that is used to measure the thickness/durability of a fabric. Thicker the fabric, higher will be the denier. 900-denier is a pretty thick fabric that is very hard to get punctured and almost invincible for any kind of wear and tear.
- 37 Liter Capacity – This is another technical detail. There are a few figures that are very important when it comes to buying a backpack. Dimensions show the width, depth and height of a backpack; the dimensions of this backpack are 19” x 11” x 11”. However, these dimensions do not show the packing capacity of this backpack; “liters” are used to show the capacity of a backpack. 37 liters means that this backpack is good for a 3 day to 5-day packing.
- Heavy-Duty Zippers – The manufacturer used very high-quality zippers on this backpack. It is important to note here that while the backpack’s material is waterproof, the zippers are not waterproof. However, these heavy-duty, doubled stitched zippers will remain intact for years and utility-style cord pulls make things easier for you.
- Side & Front MOLLE System – MOLLE attachment points are exactly what make a tactical or plate carrier backpack. This backpack has a wide MOLLE panel on the front and one of them on each side.
- D-Rings & Water Bladder Attachments – When it comes to backpacks, you do not keep everything inside. Especially, in case of MOLLE/tactical backpacks, a lot of stuff is outside of the backpack too. For this, they added D-rings and water bladder attachment points on this backpack’s shoulder straps.
- Comfortable Padding on Backside & Shoulder Straps – We all know that big haul backpacks are heavily padded on the backside and on shoulder straps, but this one is not a big haul backpack.
WolfWarriorX – Best Plate Carrier Backpack
- Heavy-Duty 600D PVC – This backpack is made of heavy-duty 600D PVC. In terms of the thickness and durability of material, this backpack is not as sturdy as the above reviewed backpack is, but then 600D is the kind of material that is used in hiking backpack’s bottom. Rest assured, you would never puncture it easily.
- Water Bottle Mesh Pocket – In terms of design and built, this backpack shows attention to details. Take the small mesh pocket that they made on one side of this backpack. The pocket is intended to be used for a 500ml to 750ml water bottle.
- Sternum Strap – I’m a big fan of sternum straps; they allow one to have better control on the backpack, not to mention how the pressure is equally distributed across one’s shoulders. Mostly, sternum straps are added to big haul backpacks, but luckily, this one also has a sternum strap.
- Removable Hip Belt – This every day/tactical backpack has a hip belt; although it is not as good as that in case of the above reviewed backpack, but it helps and it can be removed in case you do not need it.
- Expandable Design – The best thing about this backpack is its expandable design. Open the zipper and this backpack goes from 39 liters to 64 liters, with 14” x 21” x 13” dimensions.
- Gadget Pockets on Shoulder Straps – On both shoulder straps there are pockets that you can use for gadgets like walkie-talkie, camera or cell phone.
- Multiple MOLLE Attachment Points – The MOLLE attachment system of this backpack consists of one big panel on front and two small ones on both sides.
- Bungee Cord Webbing – On the front MOLLE panel you will find a bungee cord webbing that can be used to hang carabiners or secure items like clothing or shoes etc.
SOG Opord Day Back – Plate Carrier Mounted Backpack
- Big MOLLE Attachment Panel on Front – This backpack has a big MOLLE attachments panel on its front. With 4 rows and many MOLLE attachment points in each row, you can hang/attach a lot of items with your backpack.
- Two Side Pockets – Apart from the big centre compartment, there are two zippered side pockets that you can use to either store water bottle and/or umbrella, or you can use the zippers on them to store other items safely.
- Front Access Pocket – The frontal MOLLE panel is attached with straps, you can open the straps, remove the panel and get access to the front pocket. This is an organizer pocket with strategic organizing points in it.
- 1 Liters Capacity – In terms of its packing capacity, this backpack is second to none. So far, on my list, this is the backpack with the biggest capacity of 39.1 litres. In terms of dimensions too, this is a big pack: 22” x 12.7” x 7”.
- Big Hook & Loop Patch on Front – The front of this backpack is what makes the most out of its tactical profile and purpose. It has a big hook and loop patch that can be used to attach a flag or other patches.
- Water Repellent – This backpack is made of very thick polyester that assures that not only it will be very hard for anything to puncture this backpack, but this backpack can easily sustain moderate rain.
- D-Rings on Shoulder Straps – The D-ring attachments on the shoulder straps can be used to attach important things.
SOG Ninja – Molle Backpack for Plate Carrier
- Polyester/Canvas Built – This backpack is made of polyester/canvas blend. This is an interesting blend because while the polyester makes it somewhat water-resistant, the canvas adds up to the overall rigidity and durability of this product.
- Water Repellent – As it has been mentioned, not only because of polyester but because of zippers hidden underneath the folds, this backpack is pretty good at repelling water.
- Big Front MOLLE Attachments Panel – If MOLLE webbing is your thing, if you love to attach a lot of stuff, including carabiners, to those attachments, you should know that among all the backpacks that I’ve reviewed for this list, this one has the biggest MOLLE attachments panel.
- Side MOLLE Panels – Apart from the big front MOLLE panel, this backpack has side MOLLE attachment webbings where you can attach a lot of equipment.
- One Big Side Pocket – On the right side of the backpack, you can find one big side pocket that is used to keep a water bottle. The elastic border of the pocket does a good job of holding it tight.
- Tubing Ports for Water Bladder – On the shoulder straps, there are tubing ports via which you can drink water from a water bladder.
- Hook & Loop Patch on Front – On the front side, there is a hook and loop patch that you can use to attach a flag or some other patch that you love.
- 2 Liters Capacity – In terms of overall packing capacity, this backpack is not very impressive. It has 24.2 liters packing capacity and the dimensions are 13” x 18” x 3.5”. However, for those who want an EDC type or minimalist tactical backpack, this is the best fit.
Feeke PANS – Tactical Plate Carrier zip on Backpack
- Zipper Closure – This backpack has a zipper closure. This makes it definitely an ideal backpack for someone who wants a plate carrier backpack with zipper closure. However, that is open and not hidden underneath the fold – something they should improve in next versions.
- Front MOLLE Webbing – This backpack had a medium-sized front MOLLE webbing panel with a bungie cord webbing on it. This means you can super customize this area for more and more organization of your stuff.
- Side MOLLE Webbings – Although there isn’t enough space on sides, there are a few MOLLE webbings on each side that can be further used to attach stuff that you need.
- Side Water Bottle Pocket – A mesh side pocket can be used to secure a small to medium-size water bottle.
- Dedicated Compartment for Plate – What makes it truly a plate carrier backpack is the compartment in the mid that is used to keep the flat bulletproof plate.
- Two Pouches on Shoulder Straps – Just like in case of WolfWarriorX, this backpack has also got those two small pockets/pouches on the shoulder straps, that can be used for storing important gadgets.
So, these were 5 best plate carrier backpacks that you can get, but in case you want to be able to buy your backpack based on your own search and understanding, consider these points:
You are buying a backpack; this thing will be exposed to elements and you will take it to everywhere, including rugged terrains and difficult scenarios, you should consider material while buying it.
What to consider? Whether the material makes this backpack a waterproof one or water-resistant/repellent one?
And also, very importantly, you should know the denier, because this shows how wear and tear your backpack can easily take.
- MOLLE Attachments
There are different types of people who buy different types of backpacks for different types of purposes. This type of backpacks must have MOLLE attachments; all that is left there to be said is that these attachments should be enough for your purposes.
Third and the last most important point to consider is capacity. When it comes to houses, capacity is counted based on square feet, but when it comes to backpacks it is counted based on how many liters it can take. Any backpack from 30 to 40 liters capacity is more than a “daypack”.
Being able to organize your stuff is one of the biggest perks of having a professional backpack. This backpack is even more important, because the fact that whether it has a compartment for micro organizing or plate, or no separate compartment makes a lot off the difference.
As per our understanding, the best plate carrier backpack among all 5 of these is Seibertron Falcon … not only this backpack has the biggest number of reviews, but it has the toughest material and a big capacity that is equally suitable to those who need a daypack and to those who need a pack for an overnight affair.